If you find yourself primarily veering toward doom and gloom of late, and you are looking to right the balance, consider the 6 foundational components that shift people to better mood states and enhanced resiliency (even during a pandemic). They include:
- Being in the body. Did you know that there is great variability in people’s ability to feel sensation in the body? Research has shown that those who are more practiced at being in their body make better decisions and are perhaps more protected against depression, addiction, and anxiety.
- Calming the nervous system. All of us are experiencing way more stress and overwhelm which is kicking our nervous systems into high gear. Learn the key components of rehabilitating your nervous system toward more ease and why it might just also help improve our relationships to loved ones.
- Regulating the breath. Breath is one of the few bodily processes that is completely autonomic and also completely controllable. When you learn how to control and work with your breath, you learn how to also “tame your mind” in the words of the great yogi BKS Iyengar.
- Shifting anatomical patterning in the body. There is an optimal blueprint for your body and energy, and once we learn it and practice it, we often see a shift in our mood. We also all have a certain body-mind type that affects our mood and when we understand this, we can engage in those practices that most support our unique type.
- Mindful awareness. The research has repeatedly established the numerous health benefits of meditation. So why aren’t we all doing it? It’s hard to get started and to stick with it! This course will provide the tips, support, and tools needed to make meditation a more regular part of your life.
- Changing our narratives. The stories we tell ourselves are powerful. Understand the power of neuroplasticity and how to shift your narratives toward more life enhancing perspectives.